Thursday, July 2, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
We are all well, or well enough I should say. Poor Tysen helped Lee shave the dog a week ago and has been suffering for it ever since. I guess no more dog grooming for him. He has been sneezing and coughing ever since and completely out of it ever since.
Brennan is turning 12 Sunday. Holy crow, I can't even believe that I am old enough to have 12 year old. He is creeping up to my height and his feet are already three whole sizes bigger than mine. He will start junior high in the fall and I am scared to death to send him. He is a good kid and I know that he will choose good friends, but it is a whole new world! Brennan is an extremely intelligent and wise kid, so I know that he will do well if he can settle down and understand the importance of school. A mistake I have since learned. I never did well in high school, and it was because of bad study habits. I had no study habits. We are trying to help him understand that just because the younger grades don't count toward whether or not you get into college, it is good to learn good study habits now. If you don't have them while you are young, you will never have them. It is to hard to catch up. He is such an amazing kid, good looking, likable and generally outgoing.
Tysen has testing next week for first grade! OMG!! He will be in school all day next year. YEAH!! I am so proud of Tiny. When he started kindergarten, I was afraid he would never catch up. This little man struggled so much with even just the simple tasks of identifying his letters of the alphabet and writing his own name. That was due to the fact that he could not decide whether to write with his left or right hand. He does everything with his left hand and writes with his right. He cracks me up. He can now Read write and knows his abc's and 123's backwards and forward, and can sound out and spell words. He can't stand missing school and I love that in him. The two times he has been sick and I have made him stay home was a devastation to him. I believe he will continue to make leaps and bounds.
Emma will hopefully start preschool in the fall. She is ready and such a little social bug. She enjoys being homework mom with me every Thursday. She pretends that she is correcting homework right along side of me and can already write her name and say the alphabet. She walks around some days spelling the entire family's names. E-M-M-A, T-Y-S-E-N, B-R-E-N-N-A-N, M-I-N-D-I, L-E-E. Crack s me up she does. She even is picking up a little bit of Spanish, since her BFF is Ecuadorian and her parents don't speak much English. So funny. I know that most of it is just gibberish but a lot of it she can understand when the neighbor speaks to her. Amazing!
Well as for Lee and myself, we just celebrated out 14th anniversary. We have the good fortune to have Brennan and his willingness to warn extra cash by babysitting. We went and played nine on Saturday night then went out to dinner, while he watched the kids and took care of the house. What a good boy. Tysen and Emma love it when he babysits. They say it is because he is a nicer babysitter than he is a brother. I think it is because he knows that when mom and dad are gone he has to do what they want to do and not what he wants to do. Thank you Brennan, we do truly appreciate you!
Lee is still traveling one week out of every month to work out of the Texas office. He left yesterday afternoon. We miss him terribly when he is gone, but at least he still has a job and it is only one week out of the month and not more yet.
Good times in the Diaz household.
Oh and by the way, I am still waiting for the school to send me pictures from the sixth grade dance. Brennan looked so incredibly handsome in his gray suit and purple tie. It was awesome! So pictures still to come!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Emma and I went to pick the boys up from kindergarten and out they all walked with their Leprechaun masks. I remember making one just like it when I was a little one.
After we got home we had just sat down to lunch and Brennan called to come home. Not feeling well (something must be going on this afternoon that he doesn't want to do). On the way home, Tysen and Josh were telling Brennan that they had green eggs at school. Then they started asking me if eggs came in other colors, red, black, blue? Sure, I said, you just add food coloring. Emma's reply was, "Yes any color, it makes them flavorish!"
What a cute little word maker upper!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
The kids spent the day in the dark at school because of power outages. On my way to pick up the Kinnygardeners, I turned left and went up the hill instead of taking the back roads. That was a mistake and I knew it as soon as I turned and a car turned in front of me. Let me splain the hill. If you don't have four wheel drive it is like trying to get up Parleys Canyon in a snow storm. That car made it half way up and then slowly began to slide back down. Lucky for me I went around her. Whew! close call.
Then when I got home, I had the pleasure of watching the Garbage Man dump the cans. Poor guy, he dumped the garbage and the can followed. He had to climb into the truck and throw the stinking thing out. He didn't look none to happy. I wonder if it happened more than once today. I sure got a kick out of it. I laughed so hard I nearly coughed my guts out!
When the big kids got out of school, I drove up to pick them up. I usually pull into Grandma Jean's driveway. Fat chance there! She had a four foot mound in front of her driveway! Even in four high I wasn't chancing that since I was in slippers and toe socks.
I wonder now if perhaps Lee will buy me a snow blower. Doubtful!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
- When I was young, my should dislocated quite often. It hurt like a beggar! My mom says that I have been to the chiropractor on a few occasions. I do not remember one time that I have been. I think that it was such a painful and scary experience that I have blocked it from my mind.
- I still to this day have an irrational fear of dogs. Even little itty bitty's. This is funny mostly because I have a little dog. To this day I will get the sweats and my heart races anytime I come into contact with a little dog or when a dog barks. This probably due to the fact that I was chased often as a child by nippy little fetchers when I was out running the neighborhood.
- I LOVE pedicures. Not only because it makes your feet so darn purdy, but because I like to get all of the skin and yuck off. I even like to give pedicures to others.
- When I grow up, I want to be a hair dresser. I sometimes wonder if I have missed my window on that. Is 35 to old to go to cosmetology school? because that is how old I will be when I can commit the time to it. And will I be any good?
- I love to have my arms, back and feet tickled. It drives me crazy that I have a husband that hates it!
- I have lived in 11 different houses in my life. My favorite is the one I live in now. Even though it is old and out of date, it has my best memories. I have wonderful memories of all of my homes, but this is the one I will miss the most.
- I wish the outside of my house was as nice as the inside. It will take a long time to make it that way because I feel like I can't do anything to the outside unless everything is done with the inside.
- Someday, I would like to move to another state. I have never lived more than forty miles from my family. I think that it will be a challenge and I will miss them greatly. But I want to know what that is like.
- I have lived in my neighborhood for 10 years. I still do not know the people next door and they have been there for at least three years and have two little girls that are Tysen and Emma's age. I think that I will go and introduce myself this week.
- I wish that I was a better homemaker. I love to cook and be with my children. I hate cleaning though and I really do a half assed job unless I have company over. My sister is the ultimate cleaner. I would love to have a house that looks like hers. It is near impossible when you have a human tornado named, Emma.
- I love to eat potato chips and cheez wiz accompanied by a coke. It goes back as far as 3 years old. My dad always had them. He would pour his coke from the bottle into a cup with ice and give me the last little bit and we would eat Lays potato chips while watching MacGyver or Star Trek.
- I also love the television show "House". I think that Hugh Lauri is a major hottie and I wish that he was my boyfriend.
- I have a pet peeve. It is tall women with short men.
- I have major anxiety when I am in the passenger seat. It is with anyone. Even if they are a good driver. I need to be in control of something that big.
- I hate watching people when they are doing things from up high. It makes me vomit a little in my mouth.
- I love to smell little babies when they wake up from naps. They smell so sweet when they are bathed and have Baby Magic lotion on.
- I hate dirty ears! Just pick up a stinking Q-tip and clean them for heaven sake. Does it really take that much time out of your day.
I laugh at commercials and America's Funniest Home videos a lot. I mean I laugh so hard that it makes me cough uncontrollably and it sometimes makes me pee. TMI. I try not to watch them very often.
Well there are some embarrassing things for you. I hope that it makes your day a little better and not too disturbing.
I tag Kirsten, My mom and Annie.