Friday, May 16, 2008

Easing the Cost of Gas!

I have to take and pick up Brennan from school every day. I made the choice three years ago to put him in a school that was not in our area because it was a better school with what I feel has higher standards and dare I say a better class of students. I have been driving my very large gas hog of a pickup truck. I am guessing that I would fill my truck at least once a week with the daily trips to the school, which is only about three miles from my home, and my weekly Thursday trips to Moms and by weekly family dinner trips to my various brothers and sisters places. Each time I filled the truck it would cost no less than $60 and lately it was costing about $70 to $75. OUCH!! Along with that Lee works in Salt Lake and the Gateway and had to fill his car up at least once a week at $40 a trip to the gas station.

Thank heaven for The Front Runner!! Lee's work pays for him to ride the train to and from work. Nice huh? Now Lee drives the truck two miles down our street and parks it at the train station and I have been able to drive our more economical car to and from my various errands and pickups. What a savings.

4 comments:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Nate was just saying today that he is thinking of selling his family car for something smaller. As I drive by dealerships I am so not surprised to see how many of the lots are full of trucks. I really think they are going to be sitting there for a long time. Everyone is looking to downs size - not get some fancy gas guzzler!

leesa said...

We get great gas mileage with our Van...yes I am a tipical Utah mom with the Van, but it's saving us money. Still it costs $50 to fill it up, grrrrr.

Connie and Jimbob said...

You are lucky, too that you get the Frontrunner passes free...I was watching the news and the cost of riding the Frontrunner is absurd! Jimbob's friend that lives in Clearfield and drives to Salt Lake CAN'T AFFORD FRONTRUNNER, can you believe it? It's $10 bucks a day for him to ride it, and his little car is more economical. Honestly, what are we going to do about these gas prices? I am distressed and disturbed!

Mateo said...

KSL did a story on the FrontRunner and amazingly, if your car gets 33 miles-to-the-gallon or better, you're better off, even with maintenance costs, driving your own car. But with Lee's work paying for the pass, it's almost like Lee just got a raise!

Good show, sis!