Monday, June 23, 2008

Missing in Action

So.... I have become and irresponsible mother
this last week. I found something that completely grabbed my attention and made me neglect my daily chores.
I have been hearing from a lot of people about these books and when you start reading them they are impossible to put down.
Well, while I was at Sam's club last Sunday, I always look at the books (not that I like to read or anything, for real, I am not a great fan of books) I like to see if anything will grab my attention. It very rarely does. I came across "Twilight". So remembering that everyone just loved this book and the others that followed, I decided to buy it. Little did I know that I would be completely in love with this book. I started to read it after I got home. I had to take a break for a barbeque at Lee's mom's house for fathers day.
I could not get out of there fast enough. We went home and Lee decided to go get in a "quick nine", so I took advantage of his absence and started to read again.
Well long story shortened, I finished the first book, wich is nearly 500 pages, on Monday night. Oh my Gravy!!! It was so good that while I was at the Grocery store on tuesday I bought "New Moon". I finished that one on Wednesday night. I swore that before I bought the last one "Eclipse", I would get all of my household chores done and grocery shopping done.
That didn't happen. I went shopping Friday and decided when I saw it that I would just get it and start when I finished cleaning the house. I got as far as the kitchen and living room. It called to me and said "READ ME NOW!" So I did. I Finished it on Sunday morning while Lee was golfing.
So beware, if you buy these books make sure you don't have anything to do!!!

11 comments:

Connie and Jimbob said...

HAHAHAHA! You joined the Twilight fan club!! They are so darned addicting. I have read the first two and the third is sitting in my bedroom waiting for me to finish reading my other addicting book , "Escape", which you might find interesting also, Min. It's written by a woman who escaped from the FLDS community. I am on a polygamy kick right now but I will get back to the Twillight books ASAP!

Denise said...

Mindi, I found your blog on Melissa's. I am not a reader and I finished all three in 2 weeks. I was addicted and had laundry piled up everywhere. I am not just waiting for book 4 which comes out in August.

leesa said...

Yeah, I know the feeling. When I read it, I had to actually hide the book from my self during the day so I would not read it until after they were in bed, but that still won't keep you from thinking and thinking about it the whole stinkin day! I have a love hate relationship with those books!

DeVries Family said...

Same!!!! I was getting up in the middle of the night to "sneak" a read. I finished them way too fast! I am addicted! I have a friend who emails me a whole load of crap every day about Twilight. Give me your email...I'll forward it to ya! It's pretty funny! Infact, visit this website and let me know if you see anyone familiar from elementary to highschool. He is this girls brother, he's our age. Check it out, HILARIOUS! redemtiononline.com
Janet is Melissa's age. Anyway, I love checking up on you like this! It is so fun to see your cute little family!

LeeAnn Barker said...

How's fishin? Didjoo enjoy my contribution? Sorry to've missed you at the family party--great photos, great food, great fun, to see evverbuddy again.

Connie and Jimbob said...

Hey, Min, I tagged you so you can post on your blog if you have the time!!!

LeeAnn Barker said...

Mindi, you are truly MISSING IN ACTION. I shall require a note from yer mum, m'dear! Hope you're having a good summer.

Mateo said...

Umm....yeah. Lame blog!!!

LeeAnn Barker said...

Hey, Min, how was your summer? Ours was HOT, as usual, but we've finally opened the windows to the coolness & barking of neighbor-dawgs! It's our reward for enduring summers so hot we all smell like fried chicken.

I hope you took lotsa photos to add to your site--not having seen you or your kids for more than a year, I'm certain there are changes, yes?

Do you ever make it down this way? You MUST call, if not actually meet up with me, next time it happens. 702-361-6680 hm / 702-521-6301 Cell. Love ya muchly! Aunt LeeAnneeeee

LeeAnn Barker said...

Please hug yer brother Sean, next time you see him!

LeeAnn Barker said...

** leeann.barker@scacai.com

packow@embarqmail.com