Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just Some Random Things

Just been thinking lately of things that make me happy. I have had so much bad news in the last month, and such a crappy year, that I have just been trying to remember the good old days. So here goes.
  1. I remember when we were quite young, I believe I was around four years old, Kristi and Sean used to walk with us down to the 7-11 on 7000 south and Redwood Road. It was so much fun to go and get penny and nickel candy. Then we would run across the street to Godfather's Pizza. On one particular occasion, we were running across the busy road and I fell. Right in the middle of oncoming traffic. Kristi scooped me up and ran with me to the other side, and said, "Don't tell Mom!" I don't think I ever did. If I had I am sure that would have been the end of that.
  2. I remember setting up Barbie houses. We would use anything that we could find. We would use a bread pan for a bath tub, a toilet paper roll for a toilet. A shoe box for a bed and we would use books to make walls in our own little Barbie dream house. Boy did we ever have some elaborate houses.
  3. We often played church. We would use the gray stool as the pulpit, and the vacuum was the microphone. We would break bread and pass the sacrament. That was a good time.
  4. We also use to play dentist. We would make a retainer out of a paper clip or braces out of gum.
  5. One time Lance was pushing me in my Fisher Price grocery cart, He would push me from one side of the kitchen to the other. Super fun, that is until I hit the corner of the wall and cracked my head open.
  6. I remember having sleep outs in the yard. One time we were setting up in the front yard, I was in my sleeping bag getting on my pj's, when everyone started to scream. I peeked my little head out of the sleeping bag and was met by a gigantic German Shepard! Holy crap that was scary. We were all terribly afraid of dogs!

Good times I must admit. Even if there was a little physical pain involved at times. I remember them as good times.

4 comments:

Connie and Jimbob said...

Oh, man, I love to read posts like this one. It carried me back in time (course, I was still the mom when stuff like this was happenin') and it just reminded me of good times past. Yup, we needed a little pick-me-up, right? Thanks Min. Great Post.

Nickessa said...

It's good to not always reflect on the bad in life. You are always so positive Mindi and I love that about you! Great post indeed.

Connie and Jimbob said...

No, I do not have a steamer but I have wanted one for awhile. Do you have a Shark, or what?

LeeAnn Barker said...

Ask your mom bout the time sheez hangin offa the tailgate of Dad's pickup, for mosta the ride from Grandma Vera's house to ours, a mile away. Denny & I were panic-stricken, I thought Dianeee wuzza goner!