Friday, January 9, 2009

Wow! What a Week

So this has been the kids first week back to school since the Christmas break. It is also the first week that I have been back in the Babysitting game.
Tysen's best little school friend, Joshua and his sister, Cassy are now my responsibility during the hours of 7AM and 4PM. While I only have Cassy for just an hour in the morning and an hour after school, and Josh for longer because he is in Kindergarten, I have forgotten how hard it is to have children other than my own.
It has gone alright this first week. Hopefully next week we will be able to work out more of the kinks and everyone can be a little more on the same page. Ha Ha!
On another note, yesterday was Emma's 4th birthday. I know, can you believe my tiny little peanut is 4 now? She has grown up so much. Not only in height, but in attitude and maturity. She cracks me up every day. She tells me that I am her best friend forever. She is my little BFF. I love the quality time I get to spend with her while the big kids are in school. Next year should be an adventure since it will be an all day thing instead of just a half day.
For her birthday she told me again that she wanted a flat box that said "Surprise" and lots a tons a clothes, those were her exact words. Also she wanted an American Girl Doll and some more stuff. Well the some more stuff I was a little unsure about. I went to the toy store and just walked around for 30 minutes. I could not think of what she would really want. She is very particular about toys and her birthday being so close to Christmas makes things hard.
So, I asked her if she would rather go shopping with mommy, and she could pick out exactly what she wanted. She really enjoyed that idea, since she had spent Monday spending her birthday money from Aunts, Uncles and Grandma and Grandpa.
She ended up with a set of "Hisicle Musical Barbies" and a "Dora Doll" and a Barbie Beverage Shop and some black shoes. I also got her some more clothes. She is a giant I tell you. I have to buy her shirts in the "Big Girls" section because she has such long everything, although she is still to skinny for the big girl pants. She only ways like 28 maybe 30lbs. She has grown up and not out.
Her American Girl Doll was delivered on her birthday. I was so excited, I didn't tell her that it was here because I did not want Lee to miss out. So we took her out to dinner and let her open it there. I looks just like her, hoopy loops and everything. I shall post a photo later.
All in all it has been a hectic week, but a good one. I am looking forward to things becoming more normal.

5 comments:

LeeAnn Barker said...

Yeah, but "More Normal" sounds rather boring. Yes?

Connie and Jimbob said...

Sometimes more normal IS boring, but welcome, right?

This Place is a Disaster! said...

i love that ou updated - but I can't read it! THe grey color and red back ground don't work on my eyes. I hope it was an interesting post!

Nickessa said...

Glad Emma had a good birthday! But I agree with leeann. Normal can be quite boring! I love the adventurous days where everything is hectic! Probably bacause I dont get many of those days around here! :)

Mateo said...

So cute....we need pictures!